all avatars must be 250x400
2-22-2015 How Angels Fall is back! • 4-10-14 Please be sure to check out our bans/restrictions thread for current restrictions. • 4-11-14 Activity Check is now up! • 4-25-14 Activity Check is complete! • 5-20-14 New bans/restrictions up.

Add Reply
New Poll

is there {anything} i can say, Thread<3
Remi Paraba
 Posted: Apr 16 2014, 02:07 AM
20 years old
Single
Non
Citizen
Leader
You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why are you allowing your voice to be tamed?
PLAYED BY Sofie
POSTS MADE
This is a gift, but it comes with a price. Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Amity

She was a patient person, but that too went with Amity, did it not? Peace, patience, kindness, the opposition of any conflict. Though, she wasn’t so good at that part. Being raised in Dauntless, Remi was used to fighting. Though she was never great at it, she had had to learn how to fight back. And if not with strength, then with her words. If she wanted to, she could cut like a knife. But, Remi didn’t want to hurt anyone, ever. So she ate the bread laced with the peace serum, and when she got angry she injected herself with the calming serum, and she felt better. That was what made her happy, and if it made her happy, there was no shame in that. It was the way of life in the Amity faction, and it was a wonderful one. There were no fights, no resentments, and no angry, lingering feelings of annoyance. Just peace. Pure, unspoiled, unadulterated happiness. The sheer thought of being at home brought a large smile to her face as she walked down the street, hugging her jacket close around her body.

The streets of Chicago were filled with all kinds of people, and she did her best to smile at them all politely and say excuse me and slide by quietly when people were talking so she didn’t bothered them. And even when a few men, probably Candor, let their eyes wander over her, all over her, she just smiled and continued on with her business. It was early, the sun was barely up. Her watch said 7:03am, but it felt a lot colder than that. Even if it was spring, the mornings and evenings in Chicago were still pretty chilly, Remi was glad for her long jacket. The tan had been a nice choice, paired with her yellow dress, and sandals; she really did look like she was in the mood for spring. Though, she usually looked like this all year round. Reds and yellows were her favorite, red especially. Of course, just like most of her faction. Bright colors were where it was at. Colors weren’t put on the planet to be wasted, so, Remi tried to be as colorful as she could. Constantly.

Entering the coffee shop, the scent of freshly baked pastries filled her nose and made her salivate. Usually she tried to stay away from sweets, salts, and things that were just generally unhealthy in general. Coffee was her weakness though, spiced up with all sorts of sugary things. And adding a cinnamon roll to that would just push her way over the limit. She could just go home and eat an apple from the orchard, or some peaches she’d bought at the market. Remi knew she didn’t need the cinnamon roll, but man, did it look good. When it was her turn to order a drink, she did so quickly. It was her standard. A 16oz chocolate mocha with an extra shot of chocolate, a ridiculously sweet drink. The café was a little crowded, so she moved off to the side and sat down at an empty table near the wall. It was nice to have a morning off, a morning to relax from work, her own little daycation. Her eyes followed a few younger kids, watching them joke around and push each other. She wondered if they were Dauntless. Briefly, memories of throwing herself off of the morning train flashed in her mind, and she was only pulled out of her trance when her name was called.

Grabbing her coffee, Remi wrapped her hands around the warm cup. It smelled extra strong this morning, and she smiled. Taking a sip of the drink, a shocked look appeared on her features as the coffee hit her tongue. This was not a mocha. It wasn’t sweet or chocolaty and it certainly didn’t have whipped cream on it. A slightly dissatisfied look appeared on her features, but she quickly sent it away. She took the drink and went back to her table, sitting down and swallowing. A bitterness traveled down her throat and into her stomach. Coffee was coffee though, deep down. It all came from the same beans. So, she’d just drink this then. It was fine. Not yummy, but, fine for a black coffee.

TAG: THREAD OUTFIT FINISHED
PMEmail
^
Thread Thimbleston
 Posted: Apr 16 2014, 09:40 PM
18 years old
Single
Non
Citizen
Rebel
I will be my undoing If I become my obsession. I will forget the ones I love If I do not serve them. I will war with others If I refuse to see them. Therefore I choose to turn away from my reflection, To rely not on myself But on my brothers and sisters, To project always outward Until I disappear.
PLAYED BY Shel
POSTS MADE
Down in the valley in the whiskey rivers these are the places you will find me hiding, these are the places I will always go. I am on my way, I am on my way back to where I started.
Abnegation

Thread knew this city like the back of his own hand, had spent way too much time pushing through crowds to get from one place to the other that there was very little left that could dissuade him from doing what he wanted to do. The downside to his more adventurous spirit was the fact that he was trapped, ever since he'd slit his palm and held it over the coals, teasing himself with the thought of freedom... And instead let that blood spill onto smooth stone, he'd been left with no other options in his life. Being in Abnegation made Thread miserable, not that the faction itself was a horrible miserable place to be, but at times the people he found himself training next to were nothing short of pretentious. He tried not to let himself think like this, he knew far too well that this had been his choice to make. But that never quite shook him of the feeling that he'd never really had a choice to begin with.

Cotton had been Thread's life since the day that she'd been born, his parents had never known how to handle a child who would never know the sound of their own voices, but to Thread her lack of hearing had never changed who she was to him. She may be a silent child but her heart was huge, and she needed someone by her side who understood her and didn't take pity on her, who continued to treat her like she deserved to be treated, like she was human. Because at the end of the day that's exactly what she was, it's what they all were, and he wasn't so sure he liked the idea of everyone being forced to separate off into various factions and constantly being judged and having their futures dictated by the colors of the clothes that they wore. Cotton didn't deserve that, she deserved the world, she deserved all the options that the world could give. Instead, with her ailment and her faction that he doubted she'd ever leave either, she would be trapped in the same endless cycle as everyone else in the damn city.

And perhaps that was why Thread had such a favor towards the neutral areas of the city, where he wasn't assaulted by only one dank shade of grey day in and day out. But even on Michigan Avenue, Thread felt held back. A part of him had always yearned for freedom, and staying in Abnegation did not offer that to him. Even as he sank down by the window of the coffee shop that morning before going back to his training, he had another year before he would be able to join the council and represent his Faction and really do some change, and he intended to spend that hour doing the one thing about Abnegation that he favored. He didn't need sweet flavored coffee, had never had such flavor filled things in his life, the bitterness of pure black coffee was all he'd ever needed, and it always did what was necessary to pull him to some form of awareness so early in the mornings.

His focus was off, mornings had honestly never been Thread's strong suit, and with the sun just barely having risen and so few people moving about from place to place, he had even less to keep him distracted. His name had been called, but Thread's reaction to it was slugged, moving up ot go grab it. His hand wrapped around another drink, the first thing that told him it was off was the harshness of the sweet smell that assaulted him as soon as he went to take a careful, measured sip. He turned towards the woman who had come up just before him, an Amity woman with long blonde hair, and followed her over to her table, "Hey um," He held the whip cream covered drink out towards her, "I think you grabbed my coffee by mistake."

TAG: REMI OUTFIT FINISHED
PM
^
Remi Paraba
 Posted: Apr 22 2014, 02:43 AM
20 years old
Single
Non
Citizen
Leader
You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why are you allowing your voice to be tamed?
PLAYED BY Sofie
POSTS MADE
This is a gift, but it comes with a price. Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Amity

When she closed her eyes, she saw a tire swing. Old, it’s rope dirty and frayed, and the tire itself bent and cracking. But it’s what reminded her of home. If reminded her of the days when Dara used to grab her and twist the rope so hard it spun her out for at least 5 minutes. The way her hair flew behind her like a curled, golden cape and she screamed with joy when the tire finally stopped spinning. Remi always felt nauseous afterwards, like she was going to throw up. But it wasn’t like when she felt physically sick, it was like she’d been so alive in that moment that it made her sick to even stop. She was supposed to be happy and joyous and grateful, supposed to see the best in everyone, supposed to lie to protect feelings because conflict was bad. But that was such a heavy burden, and she’d never been very strong in her upper arms. Those moments were her entire life back then. Family was everything, but friends were a second close.

But everyone was so reckless there, so passionate and fired up about everything. She could do passion, but she couldn’t do danger. She wasn’t brave, or powerful. There were multiple bruises on her from even just running into a cabinet or table, or something small like that. Remi had been thinking a lot about her family nowadays, but that probably had something to do with all the time she spent in the Dauntless areas. The woman was so distracted by her own thoughts that she didn’t even pay attention when the footsteps of a man approached closely to her. Maybe, subconsciously, she heard it, but just brushed it aside. This café was crowded and she wouldn’t be surprised if some other fellow Amity member, or anyone to be honest, had seen her yellow dress and thought that she’d be an alright person to sit with. Remi would have gladly welcomed the company this early in the morning.

Stimulation was always a great way to wake up. Many morning she’s woke up, ate, and went on sunrise jogs because it got her heart racing. And that was good for your metabolism, plus studies showed people that exercised were happier and she was all about that life. Her eyes jotted up to the man’s face when he spoke, while she subtly tried to take a look at the way he dressed. Though, that thought made her feel slightly idiotic because she sometimes wore black and white, and she definitely wasn’t in Candor. How could she look at this man’s clothing and just declare a faction for him? Remi inwardly snapped at herself, she was doing it again, spacing out. Getting lost in her mind. She needed more energy, so, naturally, she took a sip of the disgusting coffee in front of her, making a bit of a face at it’s taste.

Her face went red. Not subtly either. Bright, beet red. As red as the blood coursing through her veins. The blush crept down her neck and onto her chest and engulfed her whole body. She tried to remember a time she’d ever been this embarrassed before. “Y-your drink?” Her jaw was a bit open, and shocked filled her green-blue eyes. “I’m so-” She started to apologize, but stopped, reliving the horrific moment where she just took a drink, from his drink, in front of him. It made sense. Right before her he held out her drink. And she’d been casually sipping from his. “I-I, Uhm… I’m sorry. I.. Let me buy you a drink.” She stood, bumping the table, nearly spilling her coffee all over herself as she lurched out and grabbed it, blushing even more. Her fingers fumbled through her purse in an attempt to find her wallet.

PMEmail
^
Thread Thimbleston
 Posted: May 7 2014, 03:52 PM
18 years old
Single
Non
Citizen
Rebel
I will be my undoing If I become my obsession. I will forget the ones I love If I do not serve them. I will war with others If I refuse to see them. Therefore I choose to turn away from my reflection, To rely not on myself But on my brothers and sisters, To project always outward Until I disappear.
PLAYED BY Shel
POSTS MADE
Down in the valley in the whiskey rivers these are the places you will find me hiding, these are the places I will always go. I am on my way, I am on my way back to where I started.
Abnegation

When the color rose to the girl's cheeks, Thread almost regretted having approached her at all. He should have simply took the coffee that was given to him and enjoyed it, he shouldn't have inconvenienced the amity woman and made her stumble through her words and stutter over her response to him. It was hard for Thread to remind himself to act as an Abnegation was expected to act while in public, not when there was always something much stronger in the pit of his stomach that yearned for a confrontation, that lusted after the fires of rebellion that would get a boy completed eradicated from his faction. It wasn't the idea of leaving Abnegation that terrified him so much as the fact that in doing so, he would have to leave his sister to her own devices as well, and Thread wasn't totally certain that he could handle the thought of forcing Cotton to live on her own with a dead beat mother who cared only about her volunteer work and a brother who loved her more than anything but was unable to lend her the hands she needed when he was trapped in a factionless life.

It was hard for Thread to remember what was expected of him, especially so early in the morning, but he wasn't fond of the idea of not approaching others. Besides, his actions could easily be misconstrued as selfless, as simply returning the woman the drink she had expected rather than forcing her to enjoy a drink she clearly wasn't feeling. The whole idea of him having to put on some masquerade wasn't up to his par anyway, he would be fine with this, he would have to. Thread would have been content to simply trade the two drinks, the fact that she had obviously already began to sip slowly at his own cup of coffee wouldn't bother him, two drinks didn't really amount to much as long as his drink was still relatively warm when it reached him, as long as it would be enough to wake him up he would be happy enough. But it was increasingly obvious that the woman before him had a completely different plan.

When she stood up, reaching through her bag and bumping into the table, Thread was frozen for a long moment before he even seemed to realize what she was talking about doing. By then she was still digging through her purse, and he reached out, cupping a hand gently around her forearm to stop her, "No! No, you don't need to worry about that, it's no problem, really!" Thread couldn't let her spend money that had already been spent replacing a drink that was perfectly fine, and that much wasn't just him trying to put on the Abnegation facade, that much had been pushed into him since he was a small boy, it was ingrained into the core of his being, he would not let a woman or anyone for that matter spend their money on him, no matter what inspiration they had for it, he had enough from his current job to more than take care of everything, "If either of us is going to be buying the other a drink, it should be me at the very least, because the whipped cream on yours is already melted."

Thread moved the drink back between the two to show evidence, where the formerly somewhat solid sweetness on top was already beginning to turn to liquid and seep down into her drink. He certainly felt guilty enough at that moment, even if the blame wasn't on him, some part of Thread was set on taking it, if only to avoid putting someone else out of their way. As soon as he released his hold on the woman, Thread sank down into the chair across from her and shifted the two drinks so that his was back in front of him, and he lifted it up to test the scent and heat which still radiated through the cup to offer him that instant gratification he went after when he stopped by early in the mornings to get what he could. He nodded and took a careful sip, sighing as soon as the warm liquid burned down the back of his throat, "See, it's still fine?" With that he found himself standing up as well, digging out his own wallet and moving around her, "What did you have? I'll get you a new one, a bigger one, even."

TAG: REMI OUTFIT FINISHED

PM
^
Remi Paraba
 Posted: May 19 2014, 12:05 AM
20 years old
Single
Non
Citizen
Leader
PLAYED BY Sofie
POSTS MADE
Amity

Remi swallowed thickly, her throat feeling dry as the desert. And her blush just kept getting redder, because she was aware how stupid she must have looked fumbling around for her wallet. In her hurried actions, she ended up grabbing onto something, one of the small bracelets on her arm getting stuck on the fabric of her purse, and accidentally sort of threw it out onto the ground. It ended up being a little personal mirror she carried around with her. As it fell to the ground, it shattered into a million little pieces. “Oh man,” her voice was barely audible, filled with the most embarrassment possible. Remi hardly heard the man as she leaned down, trying to sweep the glass into her hands. When the man’s hand touched her arm, she barely paid attention to it. “I’m sorry, this usually doesn’t happen!” She blurted out, scooping the glass into her hand. Which, in hindsight, was a really dumb idea. A little sliver of glass sliced her finger, causing her to gasp and pull her hand back. A small drop of blood formed on her finger and she immediately stuck it in her mouth, sucking the blood away in the blink of an eye before taking a deep breath and slowing things down.

Though her face was still a little red, and her finger bleeding, she was able to pull her purse and self off the ground and set it back on the table. “You don’t have to buy me another drink,” she said, glancing up at him, her eyes wide and timid. It was unlike Remi to really be embarrassed over anything, but adding it all up definitely caused her to be. The drink and the purse and the glass and the finger and the man. The cute man. He couldn’t have been ugly and rude, oh no, he had to be polite and offer to buy her another drink. “Uh,” she opened her mouth. “Pardon me.” The words rolled off her tongue hesitantly, like they were trying to hide from him too. She wished she could have just melted into the booth seat, into a ridiculously embarrassed puddle of ooze. And then someone would come sop her up, or sweep her away, and she’d never have to see this man again and think of how stupid she felt. Digging through her purse without the slightest bit of grace, she found a band aid and unwrapped it, sticking it onto her finger. Then, she flickered her eyes up to the man’s face.

Able to look up at the man, she bit her lip a little bit and laughed. “I’m so sorry, usually I’m less all over the place.” She furrowed her brow, and then laughed a little again. “People that are all over the place usually say things like that, don’t they?” She heard the glass crunch beneath her feet and her brow furrowed. “I should tell them,” she glanced back towards the café counter. There was a bit of worry plastered onto her feminine features, the fear that someone else would cut themselves. “So someone can come clean this up.” But the man’s hand was still on her, wrapped around her forearm. Remi watched as he released her, pulled his hand away, and switched their drinks. He took the black coffee in front of him and took a sip. “Oh, wow.” She laughed, after he said that it was still fine. “Good thing I don’t have any sort of oral diseases or anything.” The look on her face was obviously a teasing one.

“No, no way.” When he started pulling money out of his wallet she shook her head determinedly. “I think I can manage to drink this,” she slid an arm forward, wrapping her hand around and pulling the cup back to her. “Even without the whipped cream.” Standing too, she put her arm on his shoulder. “But, I would like to have some completely riveting conversation with you over coffee, as payback.” This guy had the selflessness of Abnegation, but there was something else there to, and she couldn’t exactly put a finger on it. Glancing at the little pieces of glass on the ground again, she paused. “I’m gonna go get someone or something to clean this up, but I’ll be bad. And I hope you’re here when I come back.” She said the last part gently, sincerely, her eyes meeting him for a few seconds before she turned and moved off towards the counter.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skin made by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF.
CHATBOX

BACK TO THE TOP

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Candyland Couture Shine Caution 2.0 A Thousand Firefles ROUX Dark Side of Justice Sons of Anarchy: A Murder of Crows Moon Called Upstate Diverge Marching On The Walking Dead The Jersey Devil Worlds Unknown Heat In The City Waking The Witch Fallout 66 Sequence Worlds Unknown War of the Pantheons Persona Rising Reverie Time Won't Forget